Friday, August 10, 2007

Read to me now


I have been listening to books on tape and books on CD for years. I love them. They saved my life for the years that I had to drive a long way to work.
I still love them. Downloadable audiobooks widen one's listening horizons.
I looked at Overdrive and Project Gutenberg. I didn't realize that Project Gutenberg offered audiobooks. I downloaded William Blake's "Tiger" and Lewis Carroll's "The Hunting of the Snark." I listened to them using Windows Media Player and saved them to my desktop. "TIGER, tiger burning bright / In the forests of the night,..."
Great stuff!
Overdrive is a little annoying because you have to install their software and then perform a security upgrade that acts like Orwell's "Big Brother" to your audiobooks.
Well, sorry, that's all the time I have for now...off with my friends to hunt the snark...

No comments: